Dutchess County Clerk Brad Kendall announced today he is seeking a fifth term as Dutchess County Clerk
“With innovative approaches, experience, and an unwavering commitment to public service, we
have navigated the challenges of the COVID years and set the path for even greater
successes ahead.” Brad Kendall, Dutchess County Clerk since 2006.
Poughkeepsie, NY, February 8, 2023 – Today, four-term Dutchess County Clerk Brad Kendall announced he is seeking his fifth term. A longtime Dutchess County resident, Kendall has worked closely with his dedicated team of employees over the past 16 years, improving services at the county clerk’s office, making it more customer-centric, and navigating it through the Covid-19 pandemic to transition it to meet the challenges of a post-covid world.
“It is an honor to serve as your Dutchess County Clerk. With dedicated employees, we continue to strive to help people every day. Whatever your issue, whatever your problem, you are welcome here. If there is a solution, we will find it.
I look forward to leading the team at the County Clerk’s office as we expand our digital footprint, institute electronic filing in the Criminal Courts, and work with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles to re-imagine the delivery of services in a customer-friendly manner,” said Kendall.
The county clerk’s office operates the Motor Vehicle Department, files and records county legal and land records, and provides passport, notarizing services, and business certificates. As County Clerk Kendall has:
- Introduced online accessibility to the records of the Clerk’s Office.
- Launched electronic filing in the Supreme Courts of Dutchess County, making the courts more accessible to the public while reducing costs and eliminating paper.
- Provided for electronic recording of land documents, expediting the recording process, cutting costs and eliminating paper.
- Streamlined services at the Department of Motor Vehicles while minimizing wait times.
- Created the “Return the FAVOR” program, which partners with the Division of Veterans Affairs to provide services to veterans and recognize their service.
- Partnered with former County Executive Marc Molinaro to re-establish the County Historian’s Office, which has completed nine grants to digitize Dutchess County’s early court records, leading to collaboration with numerous towns and local historical societies to preserve our early history.
- Been responsible for the county’s records management, working with a local non-profit to digitize departmental records and reduce long-term costs.
- Serves in the New York State Association of County Clerks and is past President.
While in office, Kendall has received numerous awards and professional recognition.
- NYS Association of County Clerks President 2016-2017
- NYSACC Annual Achievement Awards- 2011, 2015, 2018
- NYSACC Clerk of the Year 2018
- NYSACC Lifetime Achievement Award 2019
- New York State Archives William Kelly Award 2019
- Dutchess County Historical Society Dutchess Award 2016
- Lion’s Club Robert K. Uplinger Award 2017
Brad Kendall, a resident of Dover Plains since 1984, has been married to Barbara Kendall since 1978. Together, they have two adult sons and a daughter-in-law. Kendall was educated in the Arlington School District and holds a bachelor’s degree from Williams College.
For more information, visit bradkendall.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @kendallforclerk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Jeanne Rebillard, Rebillard Public Relations
email@example.com C: 845.518.4636
Andrew Rebillard, Rebillard Public Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org C: 845.514.3564